- Conduct any typical meditation to relax your body deeply from head to toe while laying down on sofa or bed with comfortable pillows.
- Clear your mind by pretending to put worries, thoughts, mind chatter into a container, put a lid on it, and kick it over a cliff!
- Imagine yourself going down down and down, like in an elevator (counting down helps).
- When you know your body is deeply relaxed, heavy, doesn’t want to move for a while… you can begin to open your right brain (imagination, pretend part) for change.
- Still using your minds’ eye create an image of what mental symptoms you want gone and imagine yourself free of the problem. Like watching a movie or pictures you can sense, pretend, imagine…and make your image as vivid as possible. Face the situation as if you are really there. Now the fun begins!
- Pretend you don’t have the issue anymore and while visualizing this, monitor your feelings and adjust them so that you are no longer afraid, or anxious even as you are there right now.
- If you have difficulty conjuring up pictures in your imagination pretend you can see them like memories of things you have seen in the past. Memories (good and bad) make the most powerful images for us so please ensure you conjure up only the best, happiest, memories of the past. We do enough bringing up the bad memories in that part of our brain on our own which led to unhealthy symptoms to begin with in most cases.
To illustrate, if you want to lose weight take yourself into meditation, begin to imagine yourself in the size and weight that you want to be. Pretend you are already that weight and put on all sorts of clothes to show off your body in your minds eye. See yourself at work, at home, naked. Deliberately tell yourself you are fit and love your body (every time you hear yourself say, “I am fat” or something to that effect deliberately change it to, “My body is amazing.” We use our negative imagination to create horrible images of ourselves and this is a good opportunity to turn that around by doing the opposite in your mind.
Folks tend to spend a lot of time in the imagination – but not in a good way. Deliberately change your own mental images and begin manifesting new outcomes.
Wash away old conditioning, rinse and repeat and you will find your new behaviors unfold without even thinking about it. People who undergo hypnotherapy eventually find old negative thoughts and emotions are replaced with feelings of confidence, control, and peace of mind. It becomes a new unconscious way of thinking and feeling, and these new sensations will transform you into wanting to engage in new healthier behaviors and eating habits.
From within, so is without!
Do you like the information in this post? Please share with your friends!